CALL FOR ARTISTS: Submit your artwork to be considered for the Orlando City Hall Hispanic Heritage Month Art Show
The City of Orlando invites visual artists to submit their proposals to display their works of art at the Terrace Gallery of the Orlando Mayor’s Office during Hispanic Heritage Month. The arts play a fundamental role in Hispanic heritage and culture, for this reason the municipality is offering our artists the opportunity to show the richness of Hispanic American history and cultural heritage through the visual arts.
Proposals must be submitted on or before Wednesday, July 21, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
• The selected artists will be notified by email and the date and time of delivery of the art pieces will be indicated to the mayor’s office.
DOCUMENTS TO SEND:
Artists interested in participating in the call should send the following documents to Keith Beasley, Orlando Township Public Art Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Biography or resume / resume of the artist.
• Photos of at least five works of art in JPG format. Pieces of art allusive to Hispanic culture are recommended.
• Descriptions of each work.
• Each piece of art must be identified with the following information:
o Artist name
o Title of the work
o Year it was created
• Work appropriate to the theme: The artists will be selected based on the relevance of their proposal to the project.
• Communication: The artist must have the ability to clearly communicate the idea presented through her art and provide support material that describes the works.
• All pieces of art selected for display must be ready to hang on the wall with rings or wires on the back of them.
• Performance: The artist must have a good professional record that makes them capable of working cooperatively and completing projects on time.
Keith Beasley, Public Art Coordinator, email@example.com
Luis M. Martínez, Office of Multicultural Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org