Rubio says that sonic attacks on US diplomats is a documented fact

0
238

Florida Senator Marco Rubio today rejected the statements of his Republican colleague Jeff Flake about the absence so far of evidence of sonic “attacks” perpetrated against a score of US officials. in Cuba.

“It is a documented fact that 24 US government officials and their spouses were victims of some kind of sophisticated attack while they were based in Havana,” the Cuban-American senator said on his Twitter account today.

Rubio added that it was “impossible to conduct 24 separate attacks and sophisticated attacks against US government personnel in Havana without his knowledge of the (Raúl) Castro regime.”

Last Friday, Senator Flake, one of the main promoters before Congress of a bill that proposes the elimination of restrictions on travel by Americans to Cuba, was received in Havana by Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez.

Rubio today rejected the comments of Flake, member of the Committee of Foreign Relations of the Senate, when emphasizing that “any official of the United States on the matter knows very well that although the attack method is still in question, it is not the fact of that the attacks and injuries occurred. “

The causes of the attacks, which would have been recorded between the end of 2016 and last August, are still unknown.

Due to the danger posed by the supposed sonic attacks directed at US personnel, President Donald Trump ordered last September the withdrawal of almost all of the diplomats from the US Embassy in Havana.

For that reason Washington issued an alert to its citizens not to travel to Cuba and last November approved new restrictions on individual trips to the island.

Leave a Reply