(WTFTS) — On Monday, most of Florida will enter Phase 1 of Governor Ron DeSantis’ plan to reopen the Sunshine State.
What does this mean? It means Floridians outside of Palm Beach, Miami-Dade and Broward counties can finally take the first permitted — but slow — steps toward their path to normalcy.
Restaurants and retail can now reopen but with limited capacities.
Here is what is reopening on Monday, May 4:
– Florida state parks
– Elective surgeries can resume
– Restaurants may offer outdoor seating with 6 foot space between tables and indoor seating at 25% capacity
– Retail can operate at 25% of indoor capacity
Places not reopening during Phase 1:
– Bars, gyms and personal services such as hair dressers
– Schools remain distance learning
– Visits to senior living facilities are still prohibited
- = Reopening date has not yet been announced as of Sunday, May 3.