The White House confirms that Trump will sign budgets and declare emergency

The White House confirmed today that the president, Donald Trump, will sign the budget law presented by the Congress and declare the state of national emergency, which will allow him to use budgetary allocations to finance the construction of the wall with Mexico.

“President Donald Trump will sign the government’s budget law and, as he said, will also take other executive measures – including the declaration of a national emergency – to ensure that the humanitarian and security crisis on the border ends”, White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said in a statement.

The note adds that, with this measure, the president is “once again” fulfilling his electoral promise to “build a wall” and “protect the border.”

The confirmation of the White House came just minutes after the leader of the Republican majority in the Senate, Mitch McConnell, said from the plenary session of the Upper House that the president would sign the budgets and immediately declare a state of emergency.

On Monday, Republicans and Democrats in Congress reached a budget agreement that includes about $ 1.375 million to build some 88.5 kilometers of border wall.

However, if it is finally approved by both houses of Congress, that agreement must be ratified by President Trump, who previously said he was not “happy” with the outcome of the negotiation.

The president himself had suggested that, if he did not obtain $ 5,700 million from Congress for the construction of the border wall, he would choose to declare a state of emergency, which would allow him to use other funds to pay for the project.

Sanders said the White House is “very prepared” to defend itself in case there are legal demands against the Trump government for its declaration of a national emergency, but he said he does not believe there were any because “the president is doing his job” .

If the project does not go ahead and sign Trump, the country is in danger of being forced to a new closure of the Administration, as the one that began on December 22, which left a quarter of the Administration paralyzed for 35 years. days.

The paralysis hurt 800,000 of the 2.1 million federal workers, who did not charge while the government remained closed, although they did receive their salaries after the reopening. (EFEUSA) .-

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest

Trump’s government will ask for authorization to deport unaccompanied minors

 Washington, .- The Government of Donald Trump will ask the US Congress authorization to deport unaccompanied minors arriving from Central America as one of...

Orlando received Hispanic investors and professionals from all over in Lake Nona

Orlando, FL.– This past Thursday the 16th of September, Hispanic investors as well as real estate and finance professionals met in Lake Nona’s Dockside...

Republicans push trial to dismiss head of Russian research

Congressmen close to the ultraconservative Tea Party today introduced a proposal to dismiss the number two of the Department of Justice, Rod Rosenstein, the...

Togo, first African country to eradicate ‘sleeping sickness’

The World Health Organization (WHO) has given the green light to a request by Togo to remove human African trypanosomiasis, better known as the...

They propose to judge Spanish exbanqueros for irregular investments in Mexico

A Spanish judge today proposed to judge several former bank managers in the Valencia region (eastern Spain) for a case of "embezzlement", with a...