Sean Spicer resigns as White House spokesman after disagreement with Trump

Sean Spicer resigned today as White House spokesman and press secretary after expressing to President Donald Trump his deep disagreement with the appointment of businessman Anthony Scaramucci as communications director, sharpening the crisis he is planning around the tycoon.

Spicer quit his post after the billionaire offered the Scaramucci charge, although the spokesman had warned him that he considered it a “serious mistake.”

However, as Spicer himself later said through his account of the social network Twitter, will continue to hold the position until the end of August.
“It has been an honor and privilege to serve @POTUS @realDonaldTrump and this amazing country. I will continue my service during August,” he said.

After months of rumors about his possible departure from the executive cabinet, Spicer consummated omens today, although the outcome was not how he had planned.

Over the past few weeks, several media outlets have echoed that Spicer had begun interviewing potential candidates to fill his post as he aspired to escalate into the communicative strategy of the White House, predictably the charge Trump offered today to Scaramucci .

In fact, since last May Spicer was performing the duties of communications director on an interim basis, following the resignation of Mike Dubke.

The billionaire, however, ignored both the advice of his press chief and his chief of staff, Reince Priebus, and his chief strategist, Steve Bannon, who had aligned himself with Spicer in his rejection of Scaramucci to direct the communications of The White House, according to the Washington Post.

The Wall Street entrepreneur, who has television experience and good relationship with the magnate’s son, had been in talks with the White House about his possible incorporation, but Trump ended his appointment today, just hours after he suffered several members’ march Of his legal team hired to carry out the open investigations into the Russian plot.

It was Scaramucci himself who, at a press conference, announced to reporters that Spicer will be replaced by hitherto deputy spokesman, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who in recent weeks had taken more prominence in dealing with the media.

Sanders also took the floor today to read Trump’s words about what happened, who thanked Spicer for the service rendered in his Administration, while praising the new member of his Government for his support in recent months and the ” Key role “it will have in the future.

“We have achieved many things and obtained very little credit for them,” the president said in reference to how the media echo their management.

The 45-year-old Spicer, particularly in his early days, has engaged in fierce clashes with White House correspondents, including at his first press conference, when he insisted that the Trump investiture celebration had been given more assistance than The one of the ex- president Barack Obama, something that the images refuted of evident form.

One of the consequences of her aggressive and controversial behavior with journalists was the emergence of a parody on the popular “Saturday Night Life” show, where actress Melissa McClatchy has imitated her in recent months with great success.

From a White House that has come to argue that it defends “alternative facts” to those of the press, Spicer has complained again and again about the “negative” and “demoralizing” coverage that, in his opinion, most media Generalists make about Trump.

A story related to the accusations that the billionaire pours against the mores Spicer resigns as White House spokesman after disagreement with Trump

Edits through his Twitter account, in which he has come to use violent videos to illustrate his relationship with CNN, one of the main targets of his critics.

However, Trump did not like the impact the daily press conferences were having on his presidency, so at the end of May he threatened to cancel them and only allow the ones he personally gave.

Although this threat has not materialized, the White House has significantly reduced its appearances to the press, and has forced most of them not to have the presence of television cameras.

Scaramucci, who was asked by journalists if the audiovisual format will return, did not rule it out and said he still has to discuss it with the president.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest

Russia advocates avoiding a cold war with the US but says it is prepared for “all scenarios”

Putin insists on having a conversation with Biden on Monday if it is not possible this Friday Erdogan calls US president's comments "unacceptable". The Russian authorities...

The coronavirus pandemic already leaves more than 81 million cases worldwide

The coronavirus pandemic has left more than 490,000 cases worldwide during the last day, with which the total number exceeds 81 million infected, among...

Butler leads the triumph of Timberwolves leaders

Jimmy Butler scored 32 points as the attack leader for the Minnesota Timberwolves, who defeated the Phoenix Suns 106-115. Andrew Wiggins scored 17 and the...

Is the minivan dead? Chrysler says NO!

By: Roger Rivero In the North American filmography, the films abound where a trip in auto dares of the country, becomes protagonist of the plot....

Cavaliers reach the finals; Wizards and Rockets tie their series

The Cleveland Cavaliers, with an unstoppable LeBron James, remained unbeaten in the playoffs by beating the Raptors (102-109) in the fourth game and reaching...