14.9 C
New York
Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Buy now

Elon Musk announces his resignation as CEO of Twitter

The tycoon claims that he will step down when he finds "someone foolish enough" to agree to take over.

Billionaire Elon Musk announced his decision to resign as CEO of Twitter on Tuesday after he lost a poll on the platform on Monday asking users if he should step down.

“I will resign as CEO (executive director) as soon as I find someone dumb enough to accept the position,” Musk said in response to the poll carried out on the social network that ended with 57.5 percent of votes in favor. for him to leave office.

In this sense, he has maintained that once he finds a successor, he will just run the software teams as well as the servers.

The survey published by the magnate on Monday had only two options, so apart from the 57.5 percent who voted in favor of him leaving office, another 42.5 percent were against his departure as CEO of the company. In the consultation tweet, Musk stressed that he would abide by the results that come out of it.

Musk’s resignation as CEO of Twitter comes almost two months after the company’s purchase agreement for 44,000 million dollars (41,000 million euros) was made official.

During this time, the billionaire has found himself involved in various policies as a result of his decisions at the head of the social network, among which the recent decision to prohibit the promotion of other social networks on his platform stands out, which clashes with his promise. to defend freedom of expression.

Likewise, during Musk’s time as Twitter’s top executive, former United States President Donald Trump has regained access to his account – suspended since the beginning of 2021 for promoting the assault on the United States Capitol. In addition, the profiles of several journalists were suspended for allegedly giving personal information about the tycoon.

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

21,156FansLike
3,912FollowersFollow
2,245SubscribersSubscribe
- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles